Our History

Cooma Golf Club was officially opened on September 9, 1903. The first president was J C Ryrie and he held the position until his death in 1927.
The club was modelled on Royal Sydney, its views and constitution being taken from that club. The person who gave this lead was H L Lovegrove who was a member of Royal Sydney, an outstanding golfer and club champion up to 1910.

The course was established with sand greens. In 1961 the first of the grass greens was reconstructed, the last of the grass greens was completed in 1976.
The clubhouse burnt down in 1990 and most of our history went with it. The new and modern clubhouse was opened in 1991.